<$BlogRSDUrl$>

30.6.05

I hate the new PerezHilton.com design... 

Jason is sniffing at Technorati's new design, so on a related note, we will do the same for perezhilton.com We truly thank Jason for the inspiration since his "text" proved to be worth pondering AND considering it for an exercise in intertextuality ;-) :

I gave it a week (well almost a month now).
I tried to like it.
But…. I hate it and I want my classic perezhilton back!!!

What I don’t like about the new perezhilton:

1. cluttered
2. absurdly narrow column for the postings (uhh… that’s what i’m here for people!)
3. did I mention cluttered (with gay ads)?

Now I’ve got 90% of the page filled with stuff I really don’t care about.

perezhilton.com exists for one reason: it gets celeb gossip faster then anyone else. If Whatevs or Goldenfiddle covered shit as quickly as perezhilton you would not see perezhilton screens across all the laptops at tech conferences as people looked for the latest posts tagged paris hilton, tomkat and brangelina.

That’s it. It’s a utility…. it doesn’t need to be fancy. Fancy make it worse… better results makes it better. That’s it.

In fact, given how poor the server performance has been with perezhilton all these extra stuff seems to be making the services SLOWER!

Perez: How about power user page that is really wide and has nothing but the pictures, the first hand accounts, and whatever advertising you need to cover your costs?!? Call it htpp://poweruser.perezhilton.com.

This being said… I’m a fan of the service. Thus the reason I’m upset.

Which did you like better… the new or old perezhilton.com?

[Ed. - disclaimer: any typos or real spelling issues are the sole response of Jason McCabe Calacanis]

tag:,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise