<$BlogRSDUrl$>

28.1.07

Web 2.0 Hybris in Davos 

Watch Klaus Schwab, founder of the annual World Economic Forum in Davos, making a fool of himself by trying to land a joke featuring Second Life within the framework of the much hyped shift of the power equation (whatevs that's supposed to be) brought along by the Web 2.0 thingy.
[from min 01:45 onwards] Klaus Schwab: you are from the media, so many people from the media here, so I really want to know whether you have captured the spirit of Davos, changing power equation, and the web 2.0 world. Who of you has his avatar, raise their hands, and the others go out [squelched laughter from the media mob] because you are not ready for what we are doing in Davos. And if you don't know what an avatar is, ask my wife. I have to tell you, I have to tell you, she was rigorously opposed to be, to create my avatar in Second Life, you may go to Second Life and see me. then I created my avatar, I got a call from her, she said, 'I want to have also a avatar. So I said, 'why?', she said, 'I just looked at your avatar and you look 20 years younger, so I want also to have one.' [sic!, sic!, sic!]



btw: Claudia Schiffer is also in it.

Labels: , ,


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise